Bug in Particle Fleet Warp Never Changes mission

Started by TonyK, July 20, 2019, 09:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyK

The bug occurs a few seconds after I load my saved game (save-1.pf1). All particles stop, ships stop shooting, stored energy starts growing indefinitely. The game keeps working, but this state seems to never end.

Also attached the save after the bug happened (bug-2.pf1).

Game: Steam version 1.1.4.
PC: desktop, Intel Pentium CPU, 16GB ram.

Karsten75

Tony, we've not heard of this happening before, so I'd suggest a few things that seem random, but that usually fix around 99% of all issues. If they don't, then please use this post ( https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21330.0) to find the log file and append it as an attachment to your reply here. Please make sure that the log file was taken immediately after you notice the problem, and not after a particle fleet restart. The log file is overwritten on a game restart.

1. Reboot your computer
2. Turn off the Steam overlay
3. If you have a 3rd party anti-virus, please turn that off and see if the problem persists. Some 3rd party AV products at some level of security flag lesser-known games since they don't know about  whitelisting the games.

Let us know how things turn out.

TonyK

Hey Karsten,

Two notes:
- I've already attached the log (see output_log.txt), it was taken before restart.
- I don't have a 3rd party anti-virus.

Will try rebooting later.

Karsten75

hey Tony, thanks for that - sorry I overlooked the file attachment.

Had a quick look at that. There is an exception in a CRPL core, which is interesting/strange, because that mission has been in there since the game launched and I don't recall ever hearing of another issue with it.

So I've alerted Knucracker, but still, it's more likely to be something with your environment/system and I'm still hoping the reboot resolves it. :)

knucracker

I assume the mission plays fine if you start it from scratch (don't load the save)?  If so, it must be some serialization issue in the save that relates to one of the scripts.  I'll have to run it through the debugger to take a closer look.  But in any case, the resolution will probably be to start the mission over again (don't load your save).... so sorry about that.

GoodMorning

One note on this - the bug is a known one when PRPL breaks something, I've encountered it elsewhere. The game loop is broken partway by an exception.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.