Known bugs and workarounds

Started by J, October 05, 2013, 10:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

There are/were some bugs in the game and we know V is trying hard to fix them (so make sure you are running the latest version of the game!). Until we get an update, here are the bugs that affect gameplay most and if possible, how to continue playing in a normal way. Check this thread if you think the game is unfair in a anomalous way.

BugSolution

Strange things happen after a terp has terraformed void.Update your game! This happens if you first mark a cell for terraforming, and then change it to void using the editor or crpl. If you wait long enough the terp will make it level 10 terrain. Remove terraform marker to stop the terp from terraforming the void. The void is still void, but might require less creeper to overflow. The terp actually 'lowers' the terrain from 500 (void height) to the selected height. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14645.0
I can't read any text / all text and images are blurry!http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15263.0.
I can't finish an alpha map!There's probably an invisible crpl tower on the map. Due a fix in late development cores no longer had the default image but instead no image. Select the nullifier and see if you can still build it somewhere, if so, build it and see if that helps (mostly near a spot where creeper is emitted).
An alpha map is not working!If it's about the snipers and gliders in Aether, that's intentional. In any other case, post about it here: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14481.0
When I go to the prospector zone/tormented space/alpha sector, it sends me to arc eternal instead or it is just empty!Remove your prospector zone (...\documents\creeperworld3\data\sectors\internal\100), tormented space (...\internal\200) or alpha sector (...\internal\500) directory. Make sure steam cloud sync is disabled while doing this and turn it back on afterwards. If that doesn't help, please report!
I tried to open a star system, but it is empty!Go to your ...\data\sectors\internal\ and remove the star system that is empty. So if S200_52 is empty, go to ...\internal\200\ and remove the 200_52 directory. If that doesn't help, please report the problem (also read the solution above).
Some reports of frozen game music has come in.Supposition points to the GX mode in the ASUS Audio Center for stand-alone audio cards. Thanks to Steam contributor Daggoth.

Someone

there are also in any game,we cant destroyed the building

teknotiss

Quote from: Someone on October 06, 2013, 12:10:19 PM
what do you mean?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Lord Jragon

Quote from: Someone on October 06, 2013, 12:10:19 PM

Not quite sure what you mean here, but if you are saying that "x" no longer destroys buildings it is because the new hotkey for building destruction is now shift-x.

Harkler

Quote from: J on October 05, 2013, 10:03:38 AM
There are some bugs in the game and we know V is trying hard to fix them. Until we get an update, here are the bugs that affect gameplay most and if possible, how to continue playing in a normal way. Check this thread if you think the game is unfair in a anomalous way.

BugSolution

On Chanson, snipers don't immediatly fire at the gliders when they come in rangeThe snipers will fire if the glider get closer. Sometimes saving+loading solves the problem, sometimes not.

It's not just Chanson, it's any map with gliders. My sniper hasn't even turned to look at them.
http://postimg.org/image/hqrs4jrtt/
http://postimg.org/image/t4ebfr2ch/

knucracker

I don't think snipers are allowed to shoot at the gliders on that map.  I made that map a long time ago before snipers would shoot at CRPL units and the intention was that you had to very carefully avoid the 'area denial drones' to win the mission.  My memory is clouded, but I might have even done a video on this mission on the blog.

J

Quote from: virgilw on October 07, 2013, 11:27:58 AM
I don't think snipers are allowed to shoot at the gliders on that map.  I made that map a long time ago before snipers would shoot at CRPL units and the intention was that you had to very carefully avoid the 'area denial drones' to win the mission.  My memory is clouded, but I might have even done a video on this mission on the blog.
V is correct here, you can't shoot the gliders there.

4xC

I don't know if I can recreate this, but I captured a technical difficulty on Crosslaw.

I had a bertha on the PZ where the NW spore tower was and it was set to auto-target, but it behaved like a normal bertha and armed towards the 150 mark and did not choose a target at 55.

I made it aim manually at creeper between 75 and 135; this made it shoot when it faced the target I painted. Then, I turned auto-target back on and all was well again.
C,C,C,C

Harkler

If you press space immediately after clicking to placing a unit, the unit will not be placed. Not game breaking, but a bit aggravating.

J

Quote from: Harkler on October 08, 2013, 03:30:11 PM
If you press space immediately after clicking to placing a unit, the unit will not be placed. Not game breaking, but a bit aggravating.
Pressing puts you into drag mode (lets call it drag mode even if you don't drag). If you press space (or any other cancel key) before building the units (before releasing the mouse), you cancel the building. So hitting space before releasing your left mouse button (what you most likely did) will cancel building.

4xC

The first 2 represen script errors. "10 billion" and "improbably"

The next shows a guppy set to ore mode. If you hit "stop resupply", it will keep resupplying anyway.

BTW, I don't know if this is intended, but destroying the square structure on Otrav does not kill the circles. They die only when all circular structures fall.

One more thing, old issue, but I have to ask: the singularity weapon only sucks in nearby creeper and AC right? I once heard a long time ago that it would also convert all sucked in creeper into AC. It was something that I think may have been asked long before, but I don't know.
C,C,C,C

pawel345

It's probably that if it sucks enough creeper it can make it dense enough to flip and make anti-creeper.

NFITC1

In some rare occasions while placing a line of collectors, one of them in the line won't move, but will indicate it can't be placed there (turns red) although it previously could. It happened on MegaWorld when I was fortifying the island's perimeter. It's not related to invisible units because I could make it happen by moving the last one a little.

Also, Bertha's seem to lag in firing. Is they're cool-down longer than the time it takes to reload? There's no indication of this other than it happens that way.

Wally

Sometimes, when I leave the computer for a long time (going to lunch) the game is "black" and I must kill the process in the task manager.

The display went to power saving mode (display is shut down) but the computer didn't go to sleep or hibernation. When I move the mouse or press a key, the display comes back, all others applications are visible. CW3 (windowed mode) is completely black. But it continues to run (sounds, key shortcuts, mouse interactions ...).

Although it seems to give a new funny way to play (woooo, "blind mode" !), I think it could be filed as a bug ;).

PS : which complementary information do you need ?

Wally
Wally

Indignation837

I can't access the prospector zone at all, even though I've beaten the entire story campaign. I used to be able to, but I beat two levels in it, warped to another system in it, and now after finishing the last main mission it's redirecting me whenever I click on prospector zone to a randomly generated version of whatever campaign system I'm in. I can still access tormented space and alpha sector, it's only the prospector zone that's affected. I also have artifacts of Odin appearing when I load up tormented space maps, I don't know if that's normal.