[Help] CRPL Core/nullifiers

Started by Aesher, October 29, 2018, 12:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aesher

The CRPL core I'm using won't save with 'nullifier damage' ticked, every time I try it unticks.
I've tried saving the map, saving the map slot, even finalising the map, and not once has the core accepted the 'nullifier damage.'

I've attached the file so others can look at it.

cornucanis

The reason it's not saving is because the script attached to the core modifies that same boolean value. If you go to the ACEmitter.crpl script for that map (make sure you're editing the copy of the script in the right directory) and remove Self CONST_NULLIFIERDAMAGES 0 SetUnitAttribute from the awake method it will no longer overwrite that value.

I also noticed that the terrain increases by 1 every time you start the map, which is because you added the terrainmod.crpl script to the global core. terrainmod is a specialty script designed to alter the terrain height of the whole map to help tweak balance, you don't have to attach it to anything until you're in a position that needs you to change the height level of the map. For example, you want to add another terrain level that's lower than all the levels currently in the map but you've already used height 1 for a lot of the important areas on the map. You can attach terrainmod.crpl to a core with a value of 1 and it will mod every terrain on the map up 1 level (excluding void and height 10 terrain) allowing you to create a new layer on terrain height 1 without upsetting the balance you've already created.

Aesher

Okay, thanks.
I'll start making those changes.