Custom Map #2289: Rain of Fire (Literally)

Started by AutoPost, May 29, 2013, 09:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2289: Rain of Fire (Literally)

Author: Angel

Desc:
I'll be nice, and show you the fields. You have 15 minutes! (On the slight chance that you can't get the gateways to dig, restart. Its because the gateway put phantoms on certain shields and blocked the path; OR you have AC blocking the path.)

Angel

I would like to point out
Spoiler
If you rush fast enough, you can destroy the emitters before they activate. If you don't, its still possible to win, just takes longer (need fire rate and range fully upgraded)
[close]
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Kilroyinc

Ok, Maybe I'm dense but how do you get LS to move?  How do you dig out the blocks under the LS?  LS wont move until blocks underneath are gone, but you can't destroy blocks under LS until LS is moved.  A big circle death that you can't get out of. I frankly don't see how this map got past. >:(

Angel

Quote from: Kilroyinc on May 29, 2013, 07:16:23 PM
Ok, Maybe I'm dense but how do you get LS to move?  How do you dig out the blocks under the LS?  LS wont move until blocks underneath are gone, but you can't destroy blocks under LS until LS is moved.  A big circle death that you can't get out of. I frankly don't see how this map got past. >:(
You click on a digable block and hold down your mouse and drag it over to the 'dirt' holding your LS and destroy them.
And before Grauniad comes, let me say something he would. "No map is impossible, you just need to try different things. And if the map got past and 8 other people completed it, it is possible."
1. Patience.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Zaggy

Fantastic map!  This might be my favorite map I've ever played; definitely in my top 5.

It has everything I like in a CW2 map: a sense of danger, lots of problems to solve, multitasking, makers, fields, and some hidden surprises.  The colors and tileset were very nice, too.

The whole time playing this map, I was on the edge of my seat because of the constant threat of being overrun.  I had to act fast and deliberately to survive.  It was very satisfying to create my nearly-impenetrable defense, then slowly push the creeper back to victory.

There's definitely a few different ways to tackle this map, too.  Should you rush-open to the 'X' blocks?  Should you use repulsers to hold back the light creeper in the corner, or blast it away with blasters?  Are the diamonds worth getting?  None of these questions have obvious answers, and that's what I love about this map.  It left a lot of room for making good decisions, knowing that if you make a bad one, you'll be wiped out by drones and creeper.

5/5 stars.  Well done, Angel.

Angel

Quote from: Zaggy on June 03, 2013, 11:00:08 PM
Fantastic map!  This might be my favorite map I've ever played; definitely in my top 5.

It has everything I like in a CW2 map: a sense of danger, lots of problems to solve, multitasking, makers, fields, and some hidden surprises.  The colors and tileset were very nice, too.

The whole time playing this map, I was on the edge of my seat because of the constant threat of being overrun.  I had to act fast and deliberately to survive.  It was very satisfying to create my nearly-impenetrable defense, then slowly push the creeper back to victory.

There's definitely a few different ways to tackle this map, too.  Should you rush-open to the 'X' blocks?  Should you use repulsers to hold back the light creeper in the corner, or blast it away with blasters?  Are the diamonds worth getting?  None of these questions have obvious answers, and that's what I love about this map.  It left a lot of room for making good decisions, knowing that if you make a bad one, you'll be wiped out by drones and creeper.

5/5 stars.  Well done, Angel.

Thanks Man! I love the 'Cave system" type maps that have 1 or more paths, but are wide enough for your LB. It was very fun aking this map. And yes, you need to move fast in the beginning. :) AC is the most useful wepaon in this map.
PS: 176 dislikes :O Some people love it, and others downright hate it??? Hmmm...this map is easy though? :(
(Sarcasm with the sad face)
1. Patience.

Coradon

It took a few restarts until I was able to save the AC sucker, but over all an enjoyable map. And they ain't joking when they say speed is the key.

Angel

Quote from: Coradon on June 16, 2013, 11:02:00 PM
It took a few restarts until I was able to save the AC sucker, but over all an enjoyable map. And they ain't joking when they say speed is the key.
:) Destroy the emitters before they activate, or have your weapon techs and reactor eff. maxed out. OR you gonna die. ;D
1. Patience.

PMouser

Help please, i cant seem to do these no energy maps , please help thanks
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Angel

Quote from: PMouser on August 31, 2013, 11:19:19 AM
Help please, i cant seem to do these no energy maps , please help thanks
Build reactors?
1. Patience.

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.