Save Game Locations

Started by knucracker, July 19, 2017, 02:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

This is where each game stores data on each platform. If you want to transfer information from one computer to another, these are the locations you need.
For Windows machines, copy the path into the WIndows File Explorer address bar, Windows will automatically resolve the %appdata% and %HOMEPATH% components of the file path.

Creeper World

Creeper World
  Windows
  %appdata%\CreeperWorld    [AppData is a hidden directory by default]

MacOS
  ~Library/Preferences/CreeperWorld
[close]

Creeper World 2

Creeper World 2
  Windows
  %appdata%\CreeperWorld2    [AppData is a hidden directory by default]

MacOS
  ~Library/Preferences/CreeperWorld2
[close]

Creeper World 3

Creeper World 3
  Windows
  %HOMEPATH%\Documents\creeperworld3

MacOS
  ~Documents/creeperworld3

Linux
[close]

Particle Fleet

Particle Fleet
  Windows
  %HOMEPATH%\Documents\My Games\particlefleet

MacOS
  ~Documents/particlefleet

Linux
[close]

Creeper World 4

Creeper World 4
FULL GAME

Base Config/Saves directory:
%HOMEPATH%\Documents\My Games\creeperworld4\

Keys config:
%HOMEPATH%\Documents\My Games\creeperworld4\settings\controls.xml

Output Log:
%LOCALAPPDATA%Low\Knuckle Cracker\Creeper World 4\output_log.txt

DEMO

Base Config directory:
%HOMEPATH%\Documents\My Games\creeperworld4demo\

Keys Config:
%HOMEPATH%\Documents\My Games\creeperworld4demo\settings\controls.xml

Output Log:
%LOCALAPPDATA%Low\Knuckle Cracker\Creeper World 4\output_log.txt

[close]
[/i][/i]

Jaws

Note for the record- IF you move the location of your documents folder to a different hard drive than C: and you have Microsoft Office installed, CW3 will default to OneDrive, not your actual documents folder.

CastaS

Are you using a microsoftlogin or an local account? I don't see it happening for me although i do the redirection for me via group policy to a network location. so not an actual way a home user would do it.
and without an microsoftlogin i'm not logged in automatically to onedrive

Jaws

I'm logged into my OS as me- Windows 10. It's probably somewhat specific, but I figured it was worth noting so people didn't have to manually search their computer for where CW3 is putting the files.

Moes Cafe

I do have MS Office and the Creeper World 3 folder is indeed in OneDrive. My question: is there a way to NOT have it be there. If I move it one level up to "documents" will the game find it?

(I basically don't want it uploading to the cloud but I don't know if there is a way to exclude an individual folder inside the OneDrive folder from this?). 

Builder17

Quote from: Moes Cafe on March 30, 2020, 03:26:13 PM
I do have MS Office and the Creeper World 3 folder is indeed in OneDrive. My question: is there a way to NOT have it be there. If I move it one level up to "documents" will the game find it?

(I basically don't want it uploading to the cloud but I don't know if there is a way to exclude an individual folder inside the OneDrive folder from this?).

Not quite an solution but this will tell OneDrive to not download it to computer.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8b011-8b94-419b-aa95-a14ff2415e85

knucracker

For Particle Fleet, you can go to the "Adv" tab in settings and change the data storage directory to some other place.
For CW3 you have to edit the GameSettings flile found here:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\creeperworld3\GameSettings.xml
There's an entry that looks like this:
  <CustomDataPath>
  </CustomDataPath>
Put a path between those tags.