Born Leader achievement help

Started by Malizia, April 03, 2014, 03:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malizia

Hi!

So over on the "Suggested Achievements" thread (http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15663.msg115208#msg115208) thejoe66 says this about the born leader achievement:
QuoteThe born leader achievement works for 3 day scores so it's very e-z to get

I just did that on Tempus, with the attached screenshot, but no achievement :(  After a bit of extra work, I made it to the top 10 for weekly scores, but no luck there either.  So is this actually about all-time scores?  Is there some definition of "mission" that I should know about, like "not tutorial missions" or "not custom user maps" or something?

Thanks!

knucracker

It is for all time scores I believe.
The best way to get it is to catch a new CS map soon after it goes up, or a DMD map that is the same.  It can be tricky...  This is one of the achievements that can be tough to get.

kwinse

I just found a deep tormented space map with a relatively unprotected inhibitor. Times aren't usually contested on those the deeper you go.

Tjgalon

I ended up doing it on a Alpha map, as the funny thing was, I was not really trying for it, but I earn a decent score time.

Malizia

Ooh, all time scores, that is challenging.  I should have some fun hunting around for a good map :)  Thanks for the response!

thejoe66

I Mean i think i got it in the 3 day scores because i was playing a story map and when i checked the 3 day scores the achievement poped up and i was there in in the top 10 and there was no way i scored in the top of all time
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

knucracker

During the beta, it applied to whatever range you chose to view in the scores list.  For the release, it applies to all time scores.

thejoe66

QuoteDuring the beta, it applied to whatever range you chose to view in the scores list.  For the release, it applies to all time scores
Well that explains it
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

4xC

I did this on Chanson and got a time within the top 20, but because I failed to beat my own time (which is still in the top 20), the fact that I still got a time within the top 20 did not count.

Is that supposed to work like that?
C,C,C,C

Tjgalon

Quote from: 4xC on April 16, 2014, 01:24:40 AM
I did this on Chanson and got a time within the top 20, but because I failed to beat my own time (which is still in the top 20), the fact that I still got a time within the top 20 did not count.

unless the achievement changed, is it not supposed to be top 10? 

4xC

Quote from: Tjgalon on April 17, 2014, 08:29:17 PM
Quote from: 4xC on April 16, 2014, 01:24:40 AM

unless the achievement changed, is it not supposed to be top 10? 

Oh yeeaahh. ;D

My bad. And never mind, I got it on a map in Tormented Space anyway.
C,C,C,C