This topic is for discussion of map #7949: much less sloggy - I hope

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 256x256

Desc:
please, I'd appreciate feedback.

Builder17

Quote from: AutoPost on December 05, 2019, 10:48:01 AM
please, I'd appreciate feedback.

My first impression is that upper right area could use 1 CN (command node) pickup, I don't like leaving my base without energy/AC for too long.

Looks like singularity was bad idea. :P (first image)

One more group of sacrificial sprayers might have done it! (second image)

Giving up for now, maybe will return back to this map! Rating: 8/10

marvinitfox

Builder17

Quote from: marvinitfox on December 05, 2019, 12:16:13 PM
Funny, but i get the strange feeling that reactors are a bit cheaper here. no idea why.... ;-)

Woah, now I'm feeling dumb! This information seems quite helpful at getting my cannons powered on upper right island! :)

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: marvinitfox on December 05, 2019, 12:16:13 PM
A bit awkward, the having to abandon your base to move to the new lands to get stuff and then back before you lose too much of your base. 
Spoiler
]That was my point, to have to abandon it. I went straight east from north, after abandoning west.]
[close]

But the map has a reasonably clear sequence of things that need doing, and they are quite doable. THX

Funny, but i get the strange feeling that reactors are a bit cheaper here. no idea why.... ;-)     yeah, one has to be able to play the map too ;)

P.S.
Not sloggy at all. Very doable in 14 min, think the limit might be near 8 min THX

P.P.S.
Quote from: Builder17 on December 05, 2019, 11:20:40 AM
One more group of sacrificial sprayers might have done it! (second image)
You have 20 ore mines.
Just fully load up (using collect) some 30-40 sprayers. Remember that dying sprayer dumps all its AC right on its grave!
Land, terraform CN space, build a quick relay across the bottom and get your stuff. No need to linger, and conquering those emitters is not profitable

Builder17

Won it, but kinda curious why runners had so big creeper payload? It was quite dangerous...

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Builder17 on December 05, 2019, 01:59:21 PM
Won it, but kinda curious why runners had so big creeper payload? It was quite dangerous...

well. to make it less easy. Could you tell me which way did you go?

Builder17

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on December 05, 2019, 02:31:59 PM
Quote from: Builder17 on December 05, 2019, 01:59:21 PM

well. to make it less easy. Could you tell me which way did you go?

First took off upper emitter on that island, then took out left one and runner nest was bit tricky to approach but after that rest was easy.  :)

marvinitfox

Martin Gronsdal

To MapMaker:
It would have been better to remove the Bertha unlock, and the Cannon unlock.
The Bertas (as always) just make it too easy. Maybe if they were limited to only, say, 3 Berthas? To assist in the landing on enemy soil?
And the starting cannons are ample for their role. The ability to build unlimited cannons (and having infinite power to do so) is a bit unbalanced.
[/quote] this is a wonderful response. I totally agree with the Berthas and limited pulse cannons.