Main Menu

Rating a map

Started by Ebon Heart, March 17, 2011, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

well, that would happen.... but it would get seen through if it was a very bad map, and if its good, well, it doesn't really matter.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

true... I think they should just remove the rating system though.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CJY101

my idea.

1、Map completed, Can give stars.(need to register in order to avoid false)
   Because only completed,understand from start to finish,This map is good or bad..
   But is not , continuous failure, and then to a star.

2、Classification of the stars, creative, beautiful, difficulty (skill) and overall average scores.
   or other (Positive),After all,maps making,is very toilsome.
   Similarly,a score is to be prudent.
   Current stars,can not see what that means.

3、Difficulty should be decided by the players (majority decision), Not the author.
   First upload, it can provide difficulty,after,the decision by the players.
   Because, in order to understand, this map for most people, what level.
   (but the relative beginner,each map is very difficult,so beginner ,Please play simple.)

For example:
                    Score     Time        Total Missions   Creative  beautiful  difficulty(skill)
Total average  5568   40 min 33 sec      2           ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rank   Player   Score     Time        Total Missions   Creative   beautiful  difficulty(skill)
1      CJY101   6690   29 min 41 sec       1           ★★★★☆ ★★★★★ ★★★★★
2      xxxxxxx   5624   46 min 41 sec       1           ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆
3      yyyyyy   5592   47 min 17 sec       4           ★★☆☆☆ ★☆☆☆☆ ★★★★☆
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the player repeatedly upload scores,average scores of their own stars..

4、In addition to the time the search,need to provide Difficult Search.
   Otherwise,more than 4 one thousand maps,From where to find?

5、or cancellation to the stars, only download and Difficult.

6、Annual Ranking? Season Ranking?
   Encouragement to the author? or improve the game to attract?

(google translation. good use.)
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

Grauniad

There will most likely be no further modifications to the Creeper World 1 map rating scheme.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Krell

True, but this could be implemented for the CW2 rating system.

UpperKEES

We've had so many discussion about this subject that I'm not even going to repeat all arguments. Just do a global forum search on 'rating' and you'll find everything said about this in the past.

Rankings of CW1 maps can be found in this topic: Toplist. The list is sortable in many ways; something you may miss on the custom map page. With a little luck Roccologic might also create such an application for CW2, especially when the format stays the same (saving him a lot of work), but I can't speak for him of course.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ebon Heart

I think this topic needs to go away... it'll never die, and at this point, it's pointless, unless you want to get some ideas for the cw2 rating system from it... though I would guess that's already pretty much worked out.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!