Rediculous scores

Started by Ordinaryman, June 07, 2011, 06:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordinaryman

Hey Virgil, old bean... is there any way you could detect the use of CheatEngine? Letting the hackers and cheaters post their scores is bad for business  :-\

and yes, CW2 is hackable with CheatEngine :/

Kithros

Well, there's no foolproof way to stop cheating when the scores and such are completely stored client side until you hit the submit button - it can be made harder, but there's no way to completely stop it ever. That said, most of the scores you're thinking of probably are *not* cheated scores, you might be surprised some of the things that can be possible when you play with extreme precision and know exactly what to do (I wasn't playing at the time, but from what I understand there are some scores in the CW1 story maps that were possible to get from a bugged client version or something, but I can't really comment on that). As far as I know all the times on CW2 are completely legit though.

Echo51

Got an example of a cheated score?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

ontheworld

There's an total of 4 missions that have a top score of people I don't know (unless Kithros hacks... Don't think so though)

Grauniad

Quote from: Ordinaryman on June 07, 2011, 06:28:35 AM
Hey Virgil, old bean... is there any way you could detect the use of CheatEngine? Letting the hackers and cheaters post their scores is bad for business  :-\

and yes, CW2 is hackable with CheatEngine :/

A number of points.

1. Is this post regarding CW1 or CW2? It is in a CW1 forum and mentions CW2, hence my confusion.

2. Could you please send Virgil via email (support@knucklecracker.com) the information you have regarding the use of CheatEngine on CW2? He did some work to make it less easy to hack CW2, but if you are aware of more issues, he might look into it.

3. I'll be moving this to the Support board based on the above.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

If the initial post refers to CW1 scores, please see here.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

RichieRich

The seemingly impossible is possible. I have been playing long enough to learn that.

Take Day 20, I was wondering about the high scores myself but ruled out cheating as

a. I know a lot of the players names with high scores
b. Most of the cheats are based on power and in Day 20 you basically have unlimited power.

Also, much harder to cheat in CW2 as you cant go outside the beacon zone with weapons or build beacons outside zones. In googling the matter, there seems to be a bit of frustration about the losers who "need" to get cheat engine working on this game.

Sometimes I just apply the Sherlock Holmes method, rule out as much as you can and what you are left with is the answer. Back to Day 20, my first time was 42 mins, second 20 mins. Thinking about the high times made (and the people and the power-cheat issue etc etc) made me realise I was looking at it wrong. My mistake was taking the mission instructions at face value.  ;)

Kamron3

The average CE user cannot cheat. Me and Echo already went through the game and had the easy routes taken care of.

J

Hacking is easy, look at screenshot

EDIT: image removed

Echo51

Still, using those resources can be hard, just hacking it is a small part of getting good scores.
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Kamron3

Quote from: J on June 10, 2011, 11:52:50 AM
Hacking is easy, look at screenshot

Did you hack that, or did you find that somewhere?

Or is that just some error with the rendering of the Creeper in the Nexus?

Kamron3

Crap. You know what. Me and Echo didn't think of that.

J, delete that post so others don't catch on. Most likely scores from older versions won't be able to post after Update 1 is completed.

pixlepix

Hopefully, that will be fixed in the next update. Definitely a relatively simple method of hacking.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

J

Quote from: virgilw on June 06, 2011, 03:40:35 PM
In the next update of the game, the density will be measured in K,M,G (kilo, mega, giga) units.
Using this will make it harder to hack (please send me PM if you want more information)

CobraKill

Quote from: J on June 11, 2011, 04:27:09 AM
Quote from: virgilw on June 06, 2011, 03:40:35 PM
In the next update of the game, the density will be measured in K,M,G (kilo, mega, giga) units.
Using this will make it harder to hack (please send me PM if you want more information)

Definetly it will. I have no idea on how to hack it other wise. NOTE: I have never hacked CW2, nevr said anything about i  ::)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.