Code Missions "Previous Maps" not displaying at start panel.

Started by Helper, March 05, 2013, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helper

I'm not sure if I modified a setting somewhere, but the "Previous Maps" column has stopped displaying the games I have played.

I played the "Today's Mission" yesterday and the day before and both are being displayed. Yesterday and today I've been playing the "Weekly 5-Map Tournament", but none of the games are on display.

Does anyone have any insight (potential PEBCAK alert).

Grauniad

What game version do you have?

Check in this location

%appdata%\CreeperWorld2

for the file gamedata.dat. Post the size and date last modified of the file. Is the last modified date the date you played your last game?  If not, right-click on the file and choose properties. See if the file suddenly became write-protected or archived or...?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Helper

G - Thanks for the response.

VER 0497
  Auto check is enabled and I just manually checked for updates.

gameData.dat is 117 KB
Date modified is last night when I saved and quit playing

No change that I can see on the properties.

Helper

Quote from: Helper on March 05, 2013, 06:10:23 PM
Does anyone have any insight (potential PEBCAK alert).

I wasn't thinking straight last night.
Just closed down all apps, rebooted, and VIOLA!...the display is now showing all of the recent games.

MarinesLOL

This happened to me as well and It didnt fix itself for me like yours did. I made an acc here to ask please fix this problem. I think it is a result of an Adobe Air update that I installed only because I was getting pissed off b/c every time I opened creeper world I that update asked to be installed and I couldnt be bothered to find the reg key to turn it off.

Grauniad

Then please supply the information I requested above. Also post the version of your game, since there was a CW2 update a long time ago specifically to fix a problem in this area.

MarinesLOL

Creeper World (i.e. cw  1) ver 0572

gameData was modified 7 min and is 40kb on disc.... i assume its serialized.

Grauniad

Quote from: MarinesLOL on March 12, 2013, 02:50:10 AM
Creeper World (i.e. cw  1) ver 0572

gameData was modified 7 min and is 40kb on disc.... i assume its serialized.

That is confusing. Helper asked for help with CW2 and I gave him directions to the CW2 files. If you used those instructions, then you looked at the CW2 gamedata,dat file and not the file for CW1.

UpperKEES

I have to admit that having just 1 support board for all games is a bit confusing.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MarinesLOL

I dont have CW2, never have and I've never played it. I ment to say 7 min ago. not 7 min.

MarinesLOL

Any Ideas? I think it can either be from the Adobe Air upgrade or because my previously played chronom maps is too many (it says "Last 100 of 762").

Edit: this thread has a decent number of views already and I'm sure many are not willing to spend the time to make an account to +1 this problem (fwiw).

knucracker

I'm not sure what the problem is you are experiencing.  This problem was for CW2...
Can you describe in detail what you are not seeing in CW1 that you expect to see?

MarinesLOL

Yes. I started at Jan 1 0000 a while ago and the previous maps has been working. Ever since Dec 5 of 0001 it stopped working. For instance, I just beat Jan 25 0002 about 2 minutes ago (i am playing lineally thru time) and this is what I see:

What I expect to see on that list on the right is Jan 25, Jan 24, Jan 23, Jan 22, Jan 21 &etc. This is the way it has always been until about a week ago. Now I cant simply open Chronom, click the top one (which should be Jan 25 0002 b/c that's the one I just played), click next, and play. Currently, I have to go to the latest date I remember playing and click next a billion times until I find a map who's number of plays == 0.

MarinesLOL

Also fwiw I have tried disabling my firewall, rebooting, and seeing if that works but it didn't (dw, i turned it back on and rebooted again).

knucracker