Creeper World 1 and 2 Anniversary Editions are coming to steam next week! Yep, why wait… it has only been 7 and 5 years respectively. Carpe decade!
Creeper World: http://store.steampowered.com/app/422910
Creeper World 2: http://store.steampowered.com/app/422920
Now, before anyone asks, the answer is ‘yes’. I do plan to have a way to get a steam key for your existing copy. That will work for anyone who purchased CW1 or CW2 through knucklecracker.com or from another store, with the exception of a couple special ‘pay what you want’ bundles that happened a few years ago.
You can also just purchase the games again on steam, I won’t complain 🙂 There might even be a special pricing and such to make that easier to swallow, plus you’ll get to actually have your review count on steam if you do that. Even if you don’t plan to purchase… please add the game to your wishlist. That really helps on launch day.
So… what, you may ask, are Creeper World anniversary editions?
- Available on steam (and non steam versions are also available).
- No longer need Adobe AIR as a separate install. AIR is still used, but it is captive and you won’t care anymore.
- CW1 has some new higher resolution textures, and new unit graphics!
- CW2 has two new awesome soundtracks by Finn M-K, the composer who did music in CW3 and Particle Fleet!
- And the steam versions also have steam achievements and support cloud syncing.