It’s very common that I get messages each week asking for more screen shots, more details, etc. So this week, I decided to post over 27000 screen shots all at once… Over 15 minutes of me playing the middle of a mission in an Alpha build. This video was something I did for private review, but I figured it would be just fine for general release. The CW audience is technical minded, so technical is what you get.
The main emphasis of this video is a new unit called the “Packet Guppy“. This aerial unit is new to the series and opens up some interesting strategic possibilities. Guppies basically charge up with packets, compress them internally, then fly off to a remote site and deliver those packets to hungry recipients.
A few other notes about this map;
- This map is taller than wide. Maps can vary greatly in their width and height…. and they don’t even have to be rectangular (more or that later).
- I’m playing in a 1024×768 window in this video. But the game supports full screen and any resolution (down to 800×600).
- I pause the game several times so I can either explain things or make careful decisions.
- At one point I speed up the game to 2X normal speed. Most of the time the game is playing at 1X.
- Yes, that is an actual thunder clap in the middle of the video. A thunder storm blew threw as I was making this video.
One last note…. don’t get too hung up or attached to anything you see. Graphics, explosions, sounds… all are still subject to tweaking.