Many of you probably wonder where I’ve been… what strange and exotic experiments might I have been performing? Did V succumb to the Creeper? Has he been adrift in Rift Space? Perhaps he has been otherwise occupied in a different time or spatial domain? True as these things may be from time to time, none of them explain my whereabouts over the last few months.
No, the explanation is far more interesting… I’ve been hold up in the Knuckle Cracker development bunker doing the People’s work. How could I rest knowing that the Loki are still menacing the observable universe?
What proof do I have of these important labors? Why some screen shots of course! Game 3 in the Creeper World saga is well underway and I’ve some important details to reveal…
Game 3 Stats
- Top down view.
- Three zoom levels: Tactical, Strategic, Theater.
- Awesome graphics. From unit animations to detailed terrain textures, beveled edges, explosions, weapon trails…
- Scale from tiny worlds to massive worlds with 16 times the surface area of a CW1 map.
- More terrain levels to match the increased surface area.
- Advanced and varied weapon and infrastructure systems.
- Creeper containment and management… the best of CW1 and CW2 plus some new brand new stuff.
- Terraforming… that’s right… modifiable maps!
- And of course some sneaky new enemies that will yet again redefine the strategy genre….
- All written in Unity
Now things are still very early in development… I’m not even comfortable calling my current builds ‘alpha’ yet. But, steady progress has been made and I am working hard to get this game released later this year. With the wind at my back and if I can get some cover fire against approaching Creeper, I should be able to pull off a delivery in 2012.
Below are some screen shots. Keep in mind that everything is subject to change. Things may come, go, both, and neither. But, you can at least get an early idea of what I’m working with at this stage. Thanks as always to MadMag for some awesome textures and unit design. His talents are untouchable.
So, enough byte typing and onto the images. There are three worlds below and they are three different sizes, small/medium/large. The first is just a simple test world for testing some game mechanics. The second looks like a “Last Ruins” kind of fight. The third I call “Purgatory Island”… it’s where all the Academy cadets go for Spring break. Remember that you can click on each image to get a bigger view (these are large images). Or, you can right click and save the image for a full view while offline (or a desktop background….)
Simple test world 128×84 in size. Note the group movement and auto-parking of units around walls.
“Last Ruins”. 180×100 in size. Check out those flying units and the formation movement.
“Purgatory Island”. 240×123 in size. Ten levels of terrain and awesome performance scale.